.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

American Values Under Attack Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

"Fighting the world wide web of wicked wrong doers."

Welcome. The aim of this site is simple - to rail against the slow, but steady chipping away of traditonal American values by a host of groups & individuals bent on destroying them.

“We know the race is not to the swift nor the battle to the strong. Do you not think an angel rides in the whirlwind and directs this storm?" - John Page 1776

And crown thy good with brotherhood.... ....from sea to shining sea line07-b.gif Your commentator - Francis Lynn...MySpace Profile...E-mail





Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Sen. Durbin Apologizes (Wink, Wink)

Sen "Turban" Durbin has "apologized" for his speech last week comparing our military in Guantanamo with Nazis, Soviet gulags & Pol Pot's murderous regime (see June 16 post below).

When the effluvia first hit the fan as a reaction to his speech, Durbin unapologetically said, "This administration should apologize to the American people for abandoning the Geneva Conventions and authorizing torture techniques that put our troops at risk and make Americans less secure."

Now with even more effluvia hitting the fan, Durbin decided to cut his losses & pretend to apologize. The key point in his "apology" was this: "Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them I extend my heartfelt apologies."

Slick - the non-apology apology. "Some may believe"? Clintonian parsing & word play. You are not sorry Senator. Only in the context that you are catching hell are you sorry.

American Values has answered his "apology" here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

ha ha ha....I didn't click the link to your "answer" the first time i read your post. that's funny. Durbin has apologized now, much in the same way a prisoner apologizes to his victims, you know, "I'm sorry....I got caught" I will forgive himm because I am a christian, and that is our mandate, but I will not forget. I am only sorry that I am not an Illinois resident so I can help vote him out of office.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Francis Lynn said...

Illinois - corrupt Chicago. No need to claim residency to vote,as the old joke goes: when I die I want to be buried in Chicago, because I want to remain active in politics.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source