.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

American Values Under Attack Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

"Fighting the world wide web of wicked wrong doers."

Welcome. The aim of this site is simple - to rail against the slow, but steady chipping away of traditonal American values by a host of groups & individuals bent on destroying them.

“We know the race is not to the swift nor the battle to the strong. Do you not think an angel rides in the whirlwind and directs this storm?" - John Page 1776

And crown thy good with brotherhood.... ....from sea to shining sea line07-b.gif Your commentator - Francis Lynn...MySpace Profile...E-mail





Thursday, August 25, 2005

Friends

Mark wrote an introspective post, "101 Things About Me", & it got us thinking about doing something similar. This is a tad more focused & a hell of a lot shorter. It is about friends. You know, that species that you just wanna kill sometimes if they weren't your friends. We also feel that we are on the verge of losing a friend for reasons unknown to us. Considering the, umm, circumstances with this friendship, it's probably for the best. Sad, truly, but past experience has shown us that friends can be fickle indeed- here today, gone tomorrow. Feel free to post your own answers to these questions in the comments link.

1. Do you have many friends (not acquaintances)?
No - about a dozen.
2. Do you have any close friends?
A few - to a point.
3. Is your closest friend male or female?
Male.
4. Do you have a lifelong friend?
No.
5. Do you share your most guarded thoughts with any friends?
No.
6. Does anyone consider you a close friend?
A few - to a point.
7. Do any friends share their most guarded thoughts with you?
No.
8. Does anyone consider you a lifelong friend?
No.
9. Are your friends mostly from work or personal life?
Personal life.
10. Do you go out of your way for friends?
Let me count the ways.
11. Do friends go out of their way for you?
A few - occassionally.
12. Do you have a trusted friend?
No.
13. What single-most quality do you look for in a close friend?
Honesty.
14. Have you ever lost a close friend over a silly argument?
No.
15. Have you ever lost a close friend over something important to you or him?
No.
16. If you could have 50 friends or just one close friend, what's your choice?
One close friend.
17. What's the most important thing you can contribute to a close friendship?
Being there when needed.
18. Do your friends share similar interests with you?
Most do.
19. Would you rather have your significant other as a lover or as a best friend?
Best friend.
20. Is your significant other your best friend?
No.
21. On a scale of 1-10 (10=most) how important is it to have friends?
7

There's something to be said about this:

I am a Rock (by Simon & Garfunkel)

A winter’s day
In a deep and dark december;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I’ve built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship;
friendship causes pain.
It’s laughter and it’s loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Don’t talk of love,
But I’ve heard the words before;
It’s sleeping in my memory.
I won’t disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room,
safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Simon and Garfunkle! Great song. I actually have no friends, in person, anyway. All my friends are people I met over the internet.So, that answers all those questions.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is always a friend in Jesus. Go to Church! There are many nice people there. I have found the more fundamentalist type Churches to be the friendliest. Catholic and Lutheren the least.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source